Recently I read a post by a friend that talks about how the law of diminishing returns does not necessarily apply to all the things. He then enumerates some things that will never lose value from his perspective. Inspired by his thoughts, I will here enumerate a few things that will never lose value in my life.
- People with a positive attitude – Who doesn’t love the company of people who can rub on you some of their positivity? They are very refreshing and addictive. Right from the way they think to the way they behave, every action of theirs is worth learning from. Children are the most positive of all people. They just love the way they are, oblivious of others and what they think. If only all of us could retain that child like exuberance, innocence and energy, the world would be a lot different. The existence of positive people keeps that hope alive.
- People with who you can be yourself without any pretensions – This is a personality trait that is rare and very valuable and is certainly something that will never lose value for me. Although being yourself is a trait that should come from within, there are only a fair few people in everyone’s life that we are comfortable with. A friend, a sibling, a parent, a colleague – it could be anyone. Anyone with who you are so comfortable that you can speak your mind without worrying that the other person would mistake you – how liberating is that! I cherish such people in my life and can’t thank God enough for bringing such souls in my life.
- Seeing the twinkle in the eyes of your parents – Nothing beats making your parents proud. You don’t have to become a billionaire to make your parents proud. If a person can live a life as a good human being, if one can stick to the good values that her parents have instilled in her, and if a person can make a positive difference to even one life, I’m sure any parent would be as proud as when you hit the milestones in the realm of materialism.
- Listening to your favorite songs – I just love listening to calming and soothing songs. No matter how many times I listen to the same song, I never tire. That’s the magic of songs that you really love listening to. They are a great companion as they they calm you, energize you, and mesmerize you.
- Holding your partner’s hands – There’s a lot that can be communicated by holding my partner’s hands without having to utter even a word. It is almost like meditation. For me, it would never lose value no matter how many times I hold my partner’s hand.
- Watching your child grow – Ever since my son has entered my life, my life has never been the same – every day has been fascinating, inspiring and filled with love. I just can’t forget the moment he entered this world and can’t forget the cherished memories that we have together created. I love watching him be himself as he learns newer and newer things by the day.
So what are the things that never lose value for you? Feel free to share your thoughts!